One salon, one major summer trend, 3 different ways to do it:
Salon 124 Sugarloaf shows us THREE different ways to create perfect beach waves! When asked what question their clients have most frequently, our 3 stylist spotlights: Roxana, Ashton, and Gabe, unknowingly had the same answer— “How do you curl your hair to create beach waves?”
Lucky for you, there are several waves to achieve this look! Try them all and let us know which one is your favorite below.
- Roxana loves un-done, loose curls! She uses a large curling iron (about 1 ½ inches), wraps big, vertical sections around barrel, leaving the ends out. Finish it off with Keune salt mist!
Tip: Roxana’s favorite summer product is Keune’s dry shampoo because she can get away with not washing her hair everyday.
2. Cameron Diaz beach waves are more Ashton’s style. She sprays hair with Bumble and bumble’s new surf foam spray, then scrunches hair with a diffuser to achieve celebrity curls.
Tip: Finish off with a light hairspray for extra hold
3. If you’ve been dying to learn the tricks to curling hair with a flat iron, Gabe is giving us her secret & it’s awesome— the messier, the better!
Soft, touchable hair is a summer staple:
Beach waves are great, but so is soft & smooth. Between the vacations and a lot of sun, it’s hard to keep hair healthy. Stylist at salon 124 Grayson, Kassie is notorious for soft, shiny hair with volume! With increased humidity, volume is hard to find. Using Aveda’s Smooth Infusion primer and Moroccan Oil root boost on wet hair, Kassie says always dry the root first & make sure to blow dry backwards!
The celebrity secret to thicker, fuller hair may surprise you:
Salon 124 Grayson stylist, KD has the secret to more voluminous hair & celebs have
being doing it for years, “Extensions no longer mean Rapunzel hair.” KD, Salon 124’s
Hair Integration Specialist says the number one reason her client’s get extensions is
No more naked hair— Products, products, products:
Save your hair this summer. Salon 124 Grayson’s Keune Ambassador, Cristina believes if it isn’t flammable, it isn’t finished! If you want your beach waves to stay put this season, you’re gonna need a Cristina cocktail.
How to layer products:
1. Start with a primer to set the look
2. Use a mousse for volume that fights humidity
*Cristina’s pick: Keune Mousse Forte
3. Thickening cream is the best thing since sliced bread
4. Salt mist to create texture
5. Finish off with a pomade for touchable hold
You can watch all of our #ShareYourSalon stylist spotlight videos on our Facebook